Friday, October 26, 2007

This Week - Acrobats, Executions, Knights and Puppies

What a BUSY week with so much going on.

Wednesday we all (dh included) went to the Renaissance Festival for a field trip. DS voluntarily posed for his own execution. Silly me missed taking photos of my eldest DD's acrobatics because I mistook her for some teenager I decided must be in line ahead of her. Moments later, I came to find out that teenager-looking acrobat was my very own DD. *sigh* But, I did catch the up and away of the younger DD. They both enjoyed their sky high thrill.

At the festival, my DS searched for a perfect sword and shield but DH talked him out of buying one there by telling him they could make a wooden set together at home. But, then yesterday, he decided what he really wants is a sword with a sheath and a shield. Being that Halloween is just around the corner, we found a perfect Crusaders set including the helmet, breastplate, sword, sheath, and shield all at a price DS could afford. :-) So, now he is a HAPPY camper (see photo) and DH has one less project to complete. And, I don't have to worry about sword wielding in the house since it's lightweight plastic rather than wood.

And, we are now the proud owners of not one but TWO cute Shih Tzu puppies that are about 6 weeks old. The blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty is Heidi Abigail and the studly, masked pup is Jacob (Jake) Bubba aka Superman. :-)

That's right, when we went to pick up our Heidi this afternoon, we were offered little Superman too. And we gave in. :-) So, the little yorkshire terrier I was dreaming of (not yet identified anywhere, of course) will have to come home later.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment