The weekend of October 14th, the old curtains got hung on the wall. My dh modified the curtain rods to work here and I just love those curtains! The deal was that he'd hang the curtains while I mowed the lawn.
I also surprised dh with an early birthday present--a garage sale find---a pub table and 2 chairs for his billiards room.
I also surprised dh with an early birthday present--a garage sale find---a pub table and 2 chairs for his billiards room.
And, I'm happy to announce that the window washing project is over. However, I didn't actually remove all the screens, since many were very difficult to reach or remove. But, aside from that, the windows are cleaned inside and out. Sadly, they are not completely spotless...wah. That just seems to be asking too much. They are noticeably less dirty though. :-)
Also, our exterior lights are now all operable. Ok, we still have one set that needs an adjustment or a new photocell. But, I am thrilled with that project!
My kids are enjoying crafting. They've picked up their knitting looms and are making scarves. Of course, I got interested and started one too. Sat. Oct 20, I tried to figure out their knitting maching and was making great progress when suddenly Sun, Oct 21, it got stuck and I could not unstick it. The handle actually sprung out of the machine. In great frustration, I managed to free my knitting but ended up undoing it all when I discovered it had several holes and other flaws. So, the awesome knitting machine is now in the dumpster and I've restarted the project on a circular loom. The good news is it is already farther along than it was when the catastrophe hit.
The Aggies won again this weekend! Whoop!!!
And my dh was very, very happy with the hamburgers and sausages he grilled this weekend October 20). They were worthy of a photo, but we ate them. Yuummmyy!!
Also, our exterior lights are now all operable. Ok, we still have one set that needs an adjustment or a new photocell. But, I am thrilled with that project!
My kids are enjoying crafting. They've picked up their knitting looms and are making scarves. Of course, I got interested and started one too. Sat. Oct 20, I tried to figure out their knitting maching and was making great progress when suddenly Sun, Oct 21, it got stuck and I could not unstick it. The handle actually sprung out of the machine. In great frustration, I managed to free my knitting but ended up undoing it all when I discovered it had several holes and other flaws. So, the awesome knitting machine is now in the dumpster and I've restarted the project on a circular loom. The good news is it is already farther along than it was when the catastrophe hit.
The Aggies won again this weekend! Whoop!!!
And my dh was very, very happy with the hamburgers and sausages he grilled this weekend October 20). They were worthy of a photo, but we ate them. Yuummmyy!!
Saturday, the kids went to the Hallmark webkinz party as a sweetheart bat, the Princess of Hearts, and a prince. Cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment