Monday, October 8, 2007

Puppy selection

The Aggies won! Yippee! Close one though.

My window washing project is moving right along. Hopefully soon I can post that it is complete!

Fall has come and it's time to prune all the growth from the summer of rain. Thankfully we've had fair weather to begin this task. We have quite the overgrowth in some areas. wah. I wish we could truly eliminate the weeds where there is supposed to just be mulch.

Oh yes, the puppy--well, we have chosen a lovely white female shih tzu which should come home with us in about 3 weeks. The kids are soo excited. In fact, they called my dh at work to ask what he thought about the owner's offer for buy 2 get one free so we would have more puppies per person to hold. DH still hasn't answered that question.

Anyway, it's time to find all those puppy supplies to welcome our new addition home.

Ahh another thought.. so today is Columbus Day and we've talked about Columbus and ds's lovely artwork featuring the Pinta, the Nina, and the Santa Maria and NOW I can return the lovely art work to the attic until next fall. Huurrrraaahhhhhhhh!

My latest addition to my repertoire of 'free' time (or 'stolen' or 'procrastination' time) is to dream and draw landscape ideas to add to our yard some day---maybe next year.
And, I've decided to spend some time making a portfolio of possible face paintings. The best resource I've found so far seems to be the internet (plus it's free compared to a book). But, since I can't take the internet with me wherever I might find myself face painting, I think I should make a colored pencil portfolio. And, that would provide practice to boot!

Plus, these stolen free time activities should make me smile and a goal for the future is to exhibit joy abundantly in my life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment