Friday, October 24, 2008

Blogging

I think it is really weird to write thoughts down and then read them a year later. Can you believe that Oct 23 last year I posted that it was finally cold enough for pants and just yesterday, Oct 23 a year later, it was finally cold enough to send my kids to school in pants. Hmmmm how's that for patterns.

Yes, and also very weird or should I say disconcerting? not so sure if it's encouraging...to see what you said was a goal and then look at it a year later laughing hysterically at what you said, but did NOT do. Ha! or what maybe actually did get done. whew!

So maybe I'll start blogging bible verses..at least they don't change.

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strenghten your frame."
Isaiah 58:11

Oh that one could just hold on, trust and believe it is true. Sounds easy enough...try it.

"...could you not this very day, this very moment take the upward step and rise to enter upon this blessed life of abiding in Christ?.... O my Jesus; if you bid me, and if you engage to lift and keep me there, I will venture. Trembling, but trusting, I will say 'Jesus, I do abide in You.'"

"And if doubts ever rise again, or the bitter experience of failure tempt you to despair, just remember where Paul found his strength: "I am apprehended of Christ Jesus." It is because Jesus has taken hold of me and because Jesus keeps me, that I dare to say Savior, I abide in You."

"It is the peace of God, the great calm of the eternal world, that passes all understanding and the keeps the heart and mind." Phil 4:7 "With this grace secured, we have strength for every duty, courage for every struggle, a blessing in every cross, and the joy of life eternal in death itself."
"You can trust Him to keep you trusting and abiding."
"It is the father's strength that secures him and lifts him up and so urges him to use his utmost strength."

~quotes from Andrew Murray, Abide in Christ

Right, well, obviously I need my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment